Dr. R. Ajay Kumar MD, DM, FIC, FACC, FESC
Home Address: ‘Himadri’, GNRA-49G, TC 20/56-31, CIT Road,
Melarannur, Karamana PO, Thiruvananthapuram,
Kerala, India – 695002.
Phone numbers: +91- 471- 2343495, 2330687, 2336774 (fax).
Mobile: +91- 94465 65626, +971-507350651.
- Honorary Secretary of the Registered Charitable Society “Shree Vidyadhiraja Vidya Samajam” (Est. 1975) from 2009 & Registered Charitable Trust “Shree Vidyadhiraja Sabha” (Est. 1972) from 2011, under which several Schools & Colleges are being run throughout the length & breadth of Kerala State & Kanyakumari Dt. of Tamilnadu State, in the name of the renowned Saint, Philosopher, Social Reformer & Guru – Shree Parama Bhattaraka Vidyadhiraja Theerthapada Chattampi Swamikal.
- Chief of Cardiology Department & Chief Interventional Cardiologist, Sree Mookambika Heart Institute, Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) Medical College, Kulasekharam, Kanyakumari District-629161, Tamilnadu from 2011.
- Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, Cosmopolitan Hospitals (P) Ltd, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram-695004 from 2007 onwards and gives clinical training to National Board Post-graduate students in Internal Medicine.
- Visiting Consultant Cardiologist, Reem Medical & Diagnostic Centre LLC, first floor, Ahalya exchange bld., P.O box: 21764, Rolla Square, Rolla, Sharjah, UAE, Tel: +9716-5620831, www.reemmedical.com.
- ‘Fellow of American College of Cardiology’ (FACC) – Certified in the Convocation Ceremony held during the 66th Annual Scientific Session of American College of Cardiology held in Washington DC, USA from March 17th to 19th 2017.
- ‘International Fellow of European Society of Cardiology’ (FESC) – Certified by the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) in the year 2014.
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology (FIC) obtained from Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bangalore-99, Karnataka, in 2006.
- Twelve years of continuous work in the field of INVASIVE CARDIOLOGY from the year 2005 onwards totalling more than 10,000 cardiac catheterization procedures which includes Primary PCI, Elective PCI, Peripheral PTA, Pediatric interventions like ASD, PDA & VSD Device closures, Permanent Pacemaker Implantations (Single & Dual Chamber), CRT, ICD implantation, Balloon Mitral & Pulmonary Valvotomies, IABP and Diagnostic Invasive cardiac procedures like Coronary Angiograms, Right Heart Cath etc on a regular basis.
- Cardiac In-Patient Care- Working as Chief Cardiologist and Director of Cath-Lab in a Tertiary Care 700 bedded Hospital (from 2011onwards) with 24 hour Cardiac Emergency care, 24×7 Primary PCI, Intensive Coronary Care, Non-Invasive lab with state of the art Echocardiography (both Trans-Thoracic & Trans-Esophageal) & Stress Testing facility, two fully equipped Cardiac OTs with in-house Cardiac surgeons and anesthetists doing around 30-40 Cardiac Surgeries monthly including On & Off pump CABGs, Mitral & Aortic Valve surgeries, minimally invasive CABGs & Valve Replacements, ICR for Complex Congenital Heart Disease etc.
- Cardiac Out-Patient Care- Takes care of 500-600 Out-Patients directly and 3000-3500 Out-Patients indirectly (through assistant Cardiologists) every month including assessing all the Out-Patient investigations like blood tests, ECGs, Echocardiograms, Stress Testing, Peripheral Doppler.
- Cardiology Teaching– Involved in the teaching of Cardiology to both Post-Graduate & Under-Graduate students – which includes teaching Clinical Cardiology, Cardiac Physiology, Cardiac Pathology, Cardiac Electro-physiology, Echocardiography, Invasive Cardiology and Heart Failure.
- Author of several papers in Cardiology in National & International Journals.
- Talks & Lectures given about varied topics in Cardiology in National & International Forums.
- Participated in & organized Various Cardiology Conferences & Seminars inside & outside India.
- International Associate Member of American College of Cardiology (ACC), Member of European Society of Cardiology (ESC), Life member of Cardiological Society of India (CSI), Life member of Association of Physicians of India (API) & Life member of Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Read, write and converse freely in English, Malayalam, Hindi and Tamil.
- Read, write and understand the Indian classical language Sanskrit.
- On stage performer of the classical dance form of Kerala- Kathakali– having been the prize winner in Kathakali for four consecutive years (1987-1990) in the annual Youth Festivals conducted by the University of Kerala as also in the National South Zone Inter-University Youth Festival held in Madurai, Tamilnadu in 1988. Got trained in Kathakali under the renowned gurus – Padmabhooshan Madavoor Vasudevan Nair & Nelliyodu Vasudevan Nampoothiri.
- Has performed full-length South-Indian classical music – Karnatic Music– concerts (vocal) in different forums after getting trained under the famous teacher & musician Prof. Mavelikkara Prabhakara Varma.